The woods were replanted with beech trees between 1931 and 1950 and the bright green of the leaves looks great with the dark blue of the bluebells.
Walkers are able to visit any time but the woods are over 1000 acres. Marlborough and District Lions Club have permission from the Forestry Commission to open the woods to motor vehicles on two Sundays a year. This enables people the chance to get better access to the flowers and is especially useful for anyone who has difficulty walking.
Lions Club members take charity donations at the entrance to the woods and all of the money collected is distributed locally.
Tea and cake available in the main car park.
Gates open at 10am and close at 6pm.
Postcode: SN8 4DY
Visitors are not permitted to pick or dig up the bluebells.