Sir Edward gave Arundells to the Charitable Foundation set up in his name after his death in 2005. He wanted as many people as possible to “share the beauty of Arundells” and to enjoy his diverse and very personal collection of art work (including two original paintings by Sir Winston Churchill), photographs, sailing memorabilia and political cartoons.
The house was originally a medieval canonry, with the first recorded occupant being Henry of Blunston, Archdeacon of Dorset, who lived here from 1291 until his death in 1316.
Arundells remains very much as it was when it was Sir Edward’s home.
Photos of John Major at Arundells and Salisbury Cathedral
Arundells to re-open on 24th March
Arundells to Remain Open
John Major delivers inaugural Edward Heath Lecture
Sir Edward Heath’s home open for 2015 season