Eight remain today:
Three miles south of Royal Wootton Bassett. Restored through the formation of the Broad Town White Horse Restoration Society in 1991.
located east of Cherhill village beneath Oldbury Castle earthwork. The Horse can be seen well from the A4 and footpaths lead to around the site.
Carved in celebration of the Millennium. Designed by Peter Greed it’s on Roundway Hill, overlooking the village of Roundway. It’s the only Horse in Wiltshire to be facing to the right because it’s a deliberate reversal of a previous design. The original Devizes horse was cut in 1845.
This can be found on the edge of the Marlborough Downs, two miles south of Broad Hinton village, on Hackpen Hill. Also known as the Broad Hinton or Winterbourne Bassett white horse.
Small White Horse. It overlooks the Vale of Pewsey and the new Pewsey White Horse.
Just south of the village it overlooks the Vale of Pewsey. It’s close to the site of the original White Horse which dated to around 1785 but is no longer visible.
The oldest and the best of the White Horses lis on Westbury Hill, Bratton Down.