Salisbury Festival 2014
In 2014, the Festival will celebrate the Nordic lands of the midnight sun. Details of the full programme can be seen here.
The highlights for 2014 are:
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra with music director Andris Nelsons and violinist Pekka Kuusisto performing Mussorgsky’s Pictures at an Exhibition and Sibelius’ Violin Concerto in Salisbury Cathedral;
- Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre at Old Wardour Castle, Tisbury;
- In Memoriam Sir John Tavener, the South Iceland Chamber Choir performing a number of his works including the recent Three Shakespeare Sonnets and a new work by Jack White in Salisbury Cathedral;
- Stranger, an interactive theatre piece by Emke Idema, exploring the social mechanisms at work when people first meet each other, at Salisbury Playhouse;
- Madeleine Peyroux revisiting some of her favourite songs from past albums at City Hall Salisbury; and
- The Hilliard Ensemble and Jan Garbarek showcasing their sensational partnership in the wonderful acoustic of Salisbury Cathedral.