Published on 19th June, 2011
On 29th April 2011, Prince William and Kate Middleton married in Westminster Abbey and the nation was given an extra bank holiday. Many in Wiltshire chose to celebrate with public parties.
Parties were held at:
- Marlborough (brunch in Town Hall with live big screen of wedding and children’s tea party followed by evening barn dance at Priory Gardens). Kate is an ex pupil at Marlborough college.
- Brinkworth Recreation Field (afternoon tea party with a red, white and blue theme)
- Pewsey (all day street party)
- Sherston (Sherston bell ringers marked the occasion and there was a party in the village hall)
- Trowbridge (street party in Kingsley Place)
- Castle Combe (Fosse House BBQ)
- Salisbury (Street part in Bouverie Avenue opened by mayor Brian Dalton)
More on Bouverie Avenue Street Party